Are you struggling to work together with your co-parent to parent your child or children? Do you need a safe and confidential place to learn to parent together without conflict?
Call or book online today to schedule a FREE 30 minute consultation to find out if the Co-Parenting Process is right for you. Both parents must be willing to attend either via Zoom or in our Wexford office..
Complete our Registration Form here.
Clients can pay here via our secure portal.
Co-Parenting Coaching sessions are available for parents who are at any stage of a separation or divorce. This individualized service allows parents to get the help they need to work together in the business of raising happy and healthy children. Our Co-Parenting Coach will schedule meetings with you and your co-parent that are specific to your needs. Coaching helps in managing the process of keeping your child’s needs in the forefront and reducing the fallout of conflict or anger from your separation or divorce.
Coaching meetings incorporate the Cooperative Parenting through Separation and Divorce program which is designed to assist separated or divorced parents in reducing parental conflict and the risk factors that influence the child’s post-separation or post-divorce adjustment. The program addresses the relationship between separate households created as a result of separation or divorce. It is designed to improve the quality of the parental relationship in situations of joint custody and can be tailored to your particular situation. The Cooperative Parenting and Divorce program benefits divorcing or divorced parents by:
- Assisting parents in shifting their role from former spouses to co-parents
- Educating parents regarding the impact of parental conflict on their child’s development
- Helping parents identify their contribution to conflict while increasing impulse control
- Teaching parents anger management, communication and conflict resolution skills, and children’s issues in divorce
- Developing a Divorce Story of what to tell and what not to tell the child regarding separation and divorce.
The Cooperative Parenting and Divorce program may benefit children by:
- Reducing the child’s symptoms of stress as parental conflict decreases
- Diminishing the child’s sense of loyalty binds
- Creating a more relaxed home atmosphere allowing the child to adjust more effectively
- Teaching effective communication and conflict resolution skills as modeled by their parents
- Increasing the likelihood of keeping two active parents in the child’s life
- Ensuring the child’s safety through open parental communication
- Enhancing the child’s confidence and self-esteem by creating an optimal environment for growth
- Diminishing the likelihood of future relationship difficulties and divorce in the child’s future
- Reducing the possibility of adolescent drug and alcohol problems, teenage pregnancy, school drop-out rates, and crime associated with children of divorce
Coaching is available with Loretta “Lori” Gephart, M.A., a Licensed Psychologist, and Collaborative Coach who is available to help you and your child’s co-parent learn to work together for the benefit of your child. Call 724-759-7514 today to schedule or for more information.
Please note that these services are not covered by insurance.
Appointments are available in our Wexford office and online.